Philips audio amp board from the 60s (Toestel of techniek)

door philipsradio, 10-10-2009, 20:06 (5319 dagen geleden)

Hello,

first post here... and I can't read dutch ! Sorry to have to write in english...

I have these pictures of a Philips (very probably) audio amp section. It comes from an unknown device (radio ? car radio ? recorder ? turntable ?...).

[image]
[image]

It is chassis ground negative... fairly uncommon these years, but I know that, for instance, some Philips radios, like L4X26T, P3X51T... were then already ground negative.

It uses 4 transistors (AC125, AC126 and 2 AC128s, in this order), and 2 transformers (a driver and an output transformer). It's a push/pull amplifier.
Transistors heatsinks are attached to the transformers. And the transformers are of the EI type.

Output power is around 0.75W. Works on 9V.

My guess would be... A Philips board, from 1963/1965 (from the transistors). But that's all I can say so far... I would like to know precisely what unit/device it comes from.

Would you recognize this board ? Or would you know someone who could help me identifying it ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Philips audio amp board from the 60s

door Maarten Bakker ⌂ @, Haarlem/Delft, 12-10-2009, 00:35 (5318 dagen geleden) @ philipsradio

From the way the board is built, I'd say it isn't from Philips. Maybe from an Italian manufacturer, but could be anything.

Philips audio amp board from the 60s

door Maarten Bakker ⌂ @, Haarlem/Delft, 03-08-2014, 22:41 (3561 dagen geleden) @ Maarten Bakker
Gewijzigd door Maarten Bakker, 03-08-2014, 22:51

I'm not sure how I managed to miss the code number on the solder side on this one five years ago (better late than never)...

It was made by Philips France, probably closer to 1965. Chances are, it's a phono amplifier.

Maybe Paul could forward this to the original poster, if his mail address is still in the database?

Meanwhile, I added the code number to my "looking for" index so additional information might turn up in another 5 years time ;-)